Run For The Necklace

A girl who runs. Her trails, her shoes and running for the necklaces at the finish-line. I ran for the necklace of my first marathon. It was a beautiful and glorious day in my life. I haven't stopped running. "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it." - Norman Maclean A River Runs Through It

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Imagine that, the Half-Marathon is next week. It has been nary 4 months, since I commited to the race. I am excited. One thing - I intended to train more. Commit we do and quit we won't. I will admit, 'training' has not been what I envisioned that New's Year' Eve night I clicked "pay" commiting myself to the race - my first Half Marathon. I am still excited about the big day. I am so not ready for the big day. :) And such is life and the life of this runner some times. I do know if I do not set a goal I will not reach it. Perfectionism can prevent a lot of dreams. So it will not be as fast as I would like but I do plan to get out there and do it. Then I can indeed add another notch to my race-list. And move on to set another goal. There are certainties like I love running and I plan to give it my best. I actually enjoy running the races not just talking about it or dreaming about it one day. That is another lesson I learned from my first marathon last fall, go for it, dream it and finish! Of course, easier said on that one, since I trained a lot harder.

As for the race, I plan to take advantage of the "Early Bird" start that will guarantee me an extra thirty minutes start time. Sounds perfect for me. Since I am supposed to be 'tapered' - I am planning on an ordinary pre-race week. Some light exercises, normal eating and hopefully a good half nights sleep .... there had to be a down-side to getting to do the 'early bird' start. Less sleep. Well, let's face it, I have to sacrifice some right!

Stay tuned for more and post-race low-down. Fellow racers, happy running!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home