Run For The Necklace

A girl who runs. Her trails, her shoes and running for the necklaces at the finish-line. I ran for the necklace of my first marathon. It was a beautiful and glorious day in my life. I haven't stopped running. "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it." - Norman Maclean A River Runs Through It

Monday, January 08, 2007

2007 is taking off and training should be. As we start the New Year and our training, I think the main reminder is to stay consistent and jump in. We are all just starting out so there's no real keeping up. The good advice I got while training for the Marine Corps Marathon was to run against myself. In other words, not to get caught up in all of the experts (i.e. the really fast and/or distance runners!). When I met Jeff Galloway, Olympic Gold Medalist, last April in D.C., he gave great tips about staying on course for your own training. And he keeps it simple instituting the walk/run interval training whatever your intervals. By the way, he's coming back to D.C. for a Running School in April. Would anyone like to join me in attending and meeting him! He is really a great. And even autographed my Marathon Book last April. We'll use his schedule for the Half-Marathon too. See www.jeffgalloway.com. There are others and most are similar, if you have a schedule you would like to share or use. However, I just like Galloway's over-all picture of running and longevitiy. And hey, it worked for me in the MCM 2006! The book I recommend of his is Marathon. It has schedules from the 5K to the Marathon and worlds of running information for beginners. This week we are own our own. Plan to be running. Walk/running/moving :) for 45 minutes to an hour by next week when we have a group run. How are we feeling? Let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home