Run For The Necklace

A girl who runs. Her trails, her shoes and running for the necklaces at the finish-line. I ran for the necklace of my first marathon. It was a beautiful and glorious day in my life. I haven't stopped running. "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it." - Norman Maclean A River Runs Through It

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Down but not out. Seriously, is there anything better than that first full workout after something like bronchitis?! I was flying high with just a basic run. Makes one remember not to take a thing for granted. 7 miles and a cross training session this week. Nothing fancy but we're in the game. Feels great.

Three months until the Half-Marathon. Since this is my first Half, I am eager to finsih well and get to compare it to my Marathon. Everything was right about the marathon for me, so the competition is high for the Half to measure up. Then maybe I'll love the Half as well. That's what you call a Runner. We keep coming back for more of the same - well, with a twist. As I prepare for the Half, I am happy I have gotten the ole' 26.2 out of the way. Of course, the idea of another 26.2 in the Fall is mighty tempting, particularly with this perfectly timed Half in May.

The joke in our family is that the entire time I trained for my first Marathon, after each long run and especially as they got longer, I would come home and proclaim, "Don't worry, I am not getting hooked on this. No more marathons for me...." Famous last words I suppose. It's all good. OK gang, get your shoes in motion, expect that I'll rally the troops for a long run soon. Until then, happy running!

1 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Blogger IronWaddler said...

Hello- My favorite distance is the half. I have done the Chicago marathon twice but I enjoy the half distance much more. Good luck in your training.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home