Run For The Necklace

A girl who runs. Her trails, her shoes and running for the necklaces at the finish-line. I ran for the necklace of my first marathon. It was a beautiful and glorious day in my life. I haven't stopped running. "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it." - Norman Maclean A River Runs Through It

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's day! Could it be that it's Valentine's Day and that I have not updated our lovely running blog in two plus weeks. Winter Sminter has arrived! And in full force here. We're enjoying the snow days. And though this week, it has equaled a lot of sledding and the subsequent hiking :) I know it's a good cross-training week.

As far as running time, we're "on" so to speak. With the ice and snow of Winter it is hard to visualize the race in a few months. It feels like it is just around the corner as long as I don't look out the window. I cannot help thinking how great it will be to enjoy that first Spring run. And according to Punxsutawney Phil, the Groundhog, we will get to experience that sooner rather than later.

I am up to 4.10 miles this week for the 'long' run. That's nothing stellar compared to those pre-marathon runs. However, we are on track and consistency counts for more than something. The way I see it is we have 11 weeks until the Half Marathon. 11 + 4 = 15 - 2 weeks to taper and we're there 13.1/Half Marathon. Works for me. Of course, that is barring any interruptions. A little Marathon advice here, we do not plan on interruptions. Just run-on and carry-on and on race day that same mentality carries you right across the sweet Finish Line! So I think we go steady and focus on our once a week long runs and the work outs inbetween/cross-training is getting me through the Winter side of things. Did you add a mile this week? Keep it simple and add one mile to your long workout this week coming and check your calendar to see where that leaves you for race day.

Happy Valentine's and Happy Running!

1 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Blogger IronWaddler said...

You've got plenty of time to do it right! Just don't increase too fast. Good luck in your training.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home